Friday, November 12, 2004

Unsettling

Took a look at the blog of an Iraqi woman which made me feel sad. Also heard on the radio this morning some stuff about how Bush was basically elected by Evangelical Christians. I don't think I want to be tarred with that brush any more. Reminded of a quote from the film Saved! when one character threw a bible at another - 'This is not a weapon!'
I try not to say too much on Iraq as I know I'm not well informed. This will be a rare exception. I feel that it is wrong. I feel that killing so many people is wrong. I feel that there is no humility and no love in what is being done, therefore It cannot be 'Christian'. I don't have any answers to the problems but I see no evidence of Christianity in what is being done by a President elected by Christians supported by a Prime Minister who claims to be a Christian. I see only arrogance and vengeance and greed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home