Monday, November 01, 2004

Saved!

I received the DVD of the film Saved! on Friday. I loved it!!!! Set in an American Christian High school it's mostly about 4 main characters. Macaulay Culkin can actually act - he plays a 'differently-abled' student whose sister is the ultimate Christian (played by Mandy Moore). Their friend (Jena Malone) is sort of the main character - she gets pregnant because Jesus tells her to try to help her boyfriend who has discovered that he is gay.
That's probably confusing enough; you've just got to see it. My daughters tell me I like chick flicks too much for a man, so don't blame me if you don't like it, but I found it amusing, touching and inspiring. I admire the producers for daring to make such a film in America. The stunning thing is that all the things that make you cringe actually happen - I've seen them all.
Go see it, or come round to my house and watch it so I have an excuse for seeing it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter and Heather King said...

By the way, Mark, you've got to remember I actually liked Mona Lisa smile!

2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home