Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Well, here we are again!
It's been very busy so no time to think, but here's a thought:
It's been repeated over the years that we sin because we're sinners, not the other way around, i.e. we sin because it's in our nature to sin. If that's the case then it's not really my fault, it's a case of an inherited fault.
Now I know this has been debated over the centuries by theologians and the like, but it's all too complicated. I want it to be simple like all the other things I've not understood until they become simple enough. I'm OK with accepting blame and the need for repentance, really I am! I know me and am quite willing to accept my tencency to sin and to accept that it's my fault. The thing that seems wrong is the thought that it might not be my fault, so is this whole original sin thing wrong? Is it possible to be in a position when I don't tend to sin (other than being dead)?
Nothing to get wound up about, doesn't affect the way I live, but sometimes I just wonder.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home