Thursday, January 29, 2004

Last night we had a meeting that was really deciding if Third will continue. The conclusion was that a retraction to a small group was the favourite short-term measure, involving some of those present. Funnily enough I am excited at the prospect! Excitement and enthusiasm have been lacking in my make-up for a while, which is odd because I am basically a passionate sort of bloke. God is into resurrection, and I sense something of that in what we're doing. I don't want to lose the networks that are beginning to prove useful and challenging. I don't want to lose the missiological (I'm told that's the word!) potential of alternative forms of church. I want to see what comes out of something born in the heart of God (told you I was feeling enthisiastic!). I want somewhere I can be what God has made me. I want to provide a place where people can receive respect and be challenged at the same time.
We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home