Monday, January 05, 2004

I seem to have been too busy to bother with the blog just lately, but here are a few thoughts for what they're worth:
Busyness is the major limiting factor in our lives these days. Just try arranging a meeting involving more than 2 people. Why is this? Is it to do with greed? Is it that there is a cultural expectation on us to be doing something all the time? Are we just not comfortable in our own company? What is the product of this busyness? Is our quality of life so much better as a result of it? I don't know.
I met some people this last weekend who encouraged me. The first was someone who has started and is successfully running a project to help people with disabilities in Cambodia. The second was some friends who have moved to an estate in the North of England and who are just trusting God to make it all work out for the community work and church they intend to start. I'm encouraged because these things are working out. I'm encouraged because these people have hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home