Thursday, June 26, 2003

Hello again Blog, sorry I've neglected you lately.
My middle daughter is getting married in 3 weeks, and my youngest daughter has just finished her GCSE exams, so it's a bit of an emotional nightmare at the moment. Still, I've got a holiday in the French alps a week after the wedding.
Thoughts at the moment follow a much needed weekend in the highlands (I had to work for one morning, but the rest of the weekend was free). Many years ago my wife and I spent a couple of weeks staying with her uncle in his croft north of Inverness. The lifestyle was so simple and was largely based around the large Aga cooker! His life was mainly taking the sheep up onto the hills and bringing them back again. The BBC news formed his entertainment, at which he tutted and sighed quite a lot. He tried very hard to avoid travelling to the "big town" (i.e. village!) down the road because the pace of life there was too fast.
I guess not that many years ago everyone's life was similar to this. I guess their expression of Christianity was just as valid as anything we come up with nowadays. So what's with all the church 'stuff' we get into these days? What's with all this planning and strategy? What's with all this business methods stuff we import into our church life? Are we just stressing ourselves out unnecessarily?
What do you think? Send me an email and I'll post replies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home