Friday, December 20, 2002

It's been an interesting few days. Mad panic to produce a tender for a lot of equipment for an urgent requirement, then the deflation last night when we found out we're not getting the business. Still my team won our table tennis match last night which sort of makes up for it.
This Sunday night is a "quiet reflection" christmas do, and I need to read a meditation on the incarnation. As we didn't get the big order I won't have to rush off to the USA, and might have time to produce some images on Powerpoint to go with the words. That'll help a lot if I can. Also, I've produced a CD with an hour's worth of heartbeat from the womb, and another CD with Martin Wroe speaking "Flesh of our Flesh". All this and our cell group are very encouranging.
Some friends at another church have recently experienced a major split, and I have friends on both sides of the fence. The issues for some are major, and some are just puzzled, overall it's very sad. Listening to stories from both sides is extrememly confusing as they are mostly contradictory. I can only assume we're dealing with differing world views.
I long to hear from God. I know all the usual stuff people say to that, but I want to hear Him speak to me again - I don't care if it's like He's done before or in some other way. In the past there were steps I could have taken to 'encourage' Him to speak (probably to put me in the right frame of mind to hear, but there we go). Things have changed and those methods no longer seem relevant (or real), so I live with the longing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home